December 4th- DIY Christmas decorations

On
Friday, 4 December 2015

I wanted to add some personal touches to my room and decorations in general, so I thought making my own would be fun. I've decided to do a mixture of both room decor and tree decorations. These DIYs are all easy and cheap to make.

I'm not sure what to call this DIY- maybe winter wonderland, but I saw a Youtuber create this (Idunngoddess) and had to recreate this for myself!
Things you'll need:
- glass candle holder
- salt ( for the snow)
- paper Christmas tree
- single use candle

⦁ Start by pouring the salt into the glass candle holder. Filling it a quater of the way will be enough. Lay some paper down for spillages.

⦁ Add the candle to the salt.

⦁ Stick a paper tree in the salt behind the candle. 

⦁ 'Winter wonderland' is complete.

The next DIY is wrapping paper tree decorations. This one pretty much explains itself, it's wrapping paper which you make into tree decorations.
Things you'll need:
- wrapping paper (obviously)
- scissors
- hole punch
- string or ribbon
- pencil
- glue (optional)

⦁ If like me you can't cut without a rough sketch, then start drawing shapes with the pencil on the non-patterend side. Do as many shapes as you want.

⦁ Once you have drawn the shapes, cut them out.

⦁ This next step is completely optional. Take 2 of the same shapes and apply a thin layer of glue to the non-patterend side- only apply to one half. Stick the other half to the one with glue on.

⦁ Let it dry for 10 minutes.
⦁ After it has dried, use the hole punch to make a hole in the top of your shape.

⦁ Taking some string of ribbon, feed it through the hole and tie a knot.

⦁ You can now hang your decorations on your tree.

The reason I glued 2 shapes together is because if the decoration turns around, it still shows the pattern. Whereas if I didn't, it would be plain but if that's what you want to do, then do it! Who am I to tell you that it has to be exactly the same! You do you! 
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9