Lush skincare event

On
Thursday 9 June 2016
Back in May I was invited to another blogger event at Lush in Tunbridge Wells. This time it was based around skincare and we went into detail of what each product does and how it works. Whenever I go into a lush store I always go to the bath bombs, forgetting they offer skincare and makeup. With that being said I actually own a lipstick they do, I just never remember about the skincare and makeup.

When I first arrived, I was the only person there. I was told to take a seat upstairs and that others should be joining me. Once everyone had arrived- 4 of us in total, we started to talk about what skincare products we own. I prefer there being 4 of us as we could go into more detail of the products and have a closer experience. The last Lush event was great, don't get me wrong I had an amazing time, but there were about 30 people and it was difficult to hear what was being said about each product and know what to look at.


We started of with looking at different cleansers. They showed us 2 different cleansers they have, one which is more of a lotion and the other which is more solid. The lotion type cleanser is called 9-5 and is completely vegan! The other we were shown was ultrabland. We were given some of this in our goodie bags and I love this stuff! I use it before I jump in the shower to remove my makeup and it comes off so easily. 

We were then showed how to make a face mask- catastrophe cosmetic, which smelt amazing! It has blueberries in which contain vitamins and minerals which are great for the skin. It also contains chamomile which helps to soothe the skin.


After we were shown how to make the face mask, we moved onto moisturisers. We were shown the different moisturisers they offer and were told a bit about the ingredients in each. We were told that the most expensive moisturiser- gorgeous, was designed for Princess Diana as she had really problematic skin. She never got to try this moisturiser out due to the unfortunate accident, but everyone at Lush thinks she would have loved it! We were then shown their solid serum- Full of Grace. This is a solid serum which you rub in between your hands to melt slightly. When using this product, it's the ideal time to give yourself a facial massage. I use this at night and my skin is so soft when I wake up and feels super hydrated!


After being shown the skincare, we were shown the makeup they offer. The range isn't big but they have a lot of products in the range they have. We were shown their colour supplements which are lighter than a foundation but still provide the coverage you want. They're offered in 4 shades and are buildable. They also have a couple of colour supplements which are used for highlighting. Next time I visit Lush, I'm going to be getting one.


Once we had been shown everything, we were taken to a little table and shown some products we were able to choose. There were samples of moisturisers, I chose vanishing cream and Magical Moringa. I chose these as they're best suited to my skin type. I was told that Magical Moringa could be used as a face primer. I've tried it a few times and have noticed my skin isn't as oily at the end of the day. There were also face masks, toning waters and makeup. I picked up the Love Lettuce face mask, Tea Tree toning water as well as confident lipstick and dynamic eye liner. The makeup products can be used not just for the area stated. I love how dynamic is a gorgeous golden rosy colour so I would use this as a highlight.




Once we had been shown everything, the evening concluded with being shown some new products. We were shown a new soap which was being released the following day and the Father's Day gifts they had brought out. I was so tempted to buy myself a Father's Day gift purely for the scarf!




I had another great evening at the event and want to thank the Tunbridge Wells staff for making it an enjoyable experience and Seb for allowing her face to be demonstrated on! I also want to say thank you to Lush Oxford Street for allowing us to have aLush Oxford Street exclusive bath bomb! It smelt amazing!





Xx

Sara
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9