Mini NYX haul

On
Thursday 2 June 2016
Before the Lush skincare event Thursday evening, I popped into Boots 1 because Lauren had my jacket and I needed to get it off her and 2 because I was there with loads of time to kill so I was killing time. Lauren works upstairs in Boots, so after telling her where I would be, I went downstairs and had a look at the makeup. As I had finished coming down the stairs and turned in the direction of the makeup, there it was, NYX cosmetics! My heart almost stopped beating when I saw it as it meant no longer ordering off Boots.com and I got to test the item out before so I could see if I liked the colours. There was a lot to choose from and it was very overwhelming but I am planning on going back and picking up more items. If you have any suggestions, comment down below or tweet me.


I had my eye on the wonder stick for ages, so when I saw it on the stand I had to pick it up! I swatched the colour on the back of my hand and blended it with my finger, and it looked so natural- yes I'm aware the back of my hand is different from my face, but I wanted to try the colour out. I fell in love with the colour and texture of this contour stick, and it glides on like a dream! I use my beauty blender to blend this out and then go over if I need more as I found a brush made it look cakey. I picked up the lightest shade and cost £10.

As I am a very oily person, I wanted to try their blotting paper. I've used only one kind of blotting paper before- superdrug's own brand, so wanted to try another brand out. Now I love the superdrug brand one because it has powder on the paper so once you've blotted, you don't have to go in with powder whereas you do with the NYX blotting paper. I've used this paper twice now and have already used 5 sheets- you get 50 sheets per pack, so I don't think that's too bad. I do however feel weird after seeing how much oil is on my skin, only because the paper goes very see-through after using it. This product cost £3 for the original blotting paper which I picked up. They do have other kinds, one with tee tree in and another which helps to minimise pores which are a little more but only something like £1.50 more.

I went around the other side of the stand- one side has face makeup on and the other side has eye and lip products, I saw the wonder pencil. This is a pencil which can be used as an eye brightener, concealer or reverse lipliner. For me this product is perfect! I always make mistakes when applying lipstick so to have a product I can use to go over any mistakes which acts as a concealer and also lines the lips at the same time is perfect. I have also used this on my lower waterline to see how it works as an eye brightener and it gives a subtle line without being too harsh, as I discovered the Rimmel nude pencil liner caused. this product comes in 3 shades- may be more so don't hold it against me if I'm wrong and costs £4.

I own the NYX microbrow as I heard it was a dupe for the Anastasia Beverly Hills brow wiz, but I wanted to see what other eyebrow products they had. Next time I will be picking up more products- especially now as my brows FINALLY have a shape to them and are growing! I picked up the auto eyebrow pencil in taupe- yes it's a lot lighter than my hair colour and my brows #darkbrowprobs, but as I'm slowly transitioning to going blonde, I wanted to start trying out lighter brow colours so I can get used to it.. if that even makes any sense. So far I like this product, I'm just not 100% sold on the colour so maybe I will wait until my hair is done first. This pencil was offered in a variety of shades and cost £5.

Now I love the NYX soft matte lip creams so I just had to pick up another! They smell amazing, glide on perfectly and don't dry my lips out like most other matte lipsticks do. I own a variety of shades already so wanted to try a colour which was slightly on the nude side, again I will be picking up more of these next time I go in there as this colour isn't as nude as I thought. I picked up the colour Cannes and it is just a perfect light pink colour. The soft matte lip creams cost £5.50 which I think is totally worth it as they are just amazing!


If you want me to try out any other products from NYX, let me know which ones so I can pick them up. I am also thinking of doing an NYX giveaway of my favourite products once I've tested them out!

Xx

Sara
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9