My favourite autumn/fall lipsticks

On
Sunday 8 November 2015
This was very hard for me to narrow down as I love all sorts of lipsticks this time of the year, but I decided to share my favourites- and yes, they're all dark! I love a dark lip this time of the year, including winter so I wanted to share my favourites with you.


My first favourite is a classic. I mean I think nearly every girl on this planet has this colour. Yes I'm talking about MAC's rebel! This is such a gorgeous deep purple shade and is one I only tend to wear with a simple eye look- don't want too much going on with my face. It's a satin finish so glides onto the lips perfectly!nI wore it to work once and it wasn't wearing how it normally does on me. It was sort of a very vibrant purple shade which didn't suit me at all so I had to wipe it off! I'm not 100% sure why it did that and I've been too scared to wear it since, but its still a classic and I love it all the same. 


Another favourite is the most gorgeous burgundy shade ever! It's divine wine by Maybelline. This is a matte lipstick, but it is so creamy and glides on like a dream. The colour pay off is amazing and it's a drugstore brand so is very affordable. I was looking for a burgundy shade for ages as last year I wore rebel and that was it. This year I wanted to try other colours too, so I thought I'd give this colour a go after hearing everyone rave about it. I am so happy I brought this shade as it's just amazing!


Recently I discovered the soft matte lip creams from NYX. I've been so excited to try these that I brought 4 in total. I got 2 softer colours for more of an everyday wear, including the autumn/fall and winter months. I picked up Copenhagen and Transylvania for this time of the year and honestly I'm glad I did! Copenhagen is a wonderful deep red colour and it applies smoothly onto the lips, but I would advise giving your lips a little scrub with something like mint julep from lush and then applying lipbalm.. #drylipprobs! Transylvania is more of a deep purple colour. As I wasn't able to swatch this till I brought it, I'm unsure of the colour. But I'll make it work! It's still a gorgeous shade whether I wear it or not.



My last favourite lipstick, is New York Apple by MAC. I picked this up in Selfridge's (I'm planning on visiting again and never leaving!) back in July for my birthday. It's a red shade without being too red or too burgundy. It's just in the middle and is perfect for all year round. I'm so glad I picked this up, it's a frost finish. It has just the right amount of frost to it and gives off an amazing sheen. It feels amazing on the lips and the sheen it gives just adds that something else. I've never noticed it before in my local MAC stores but I'm glad my eyes were drawn to it!


MAC lipsticks are probably my all time favourite lipsticks because of the formula and the smell.. I could eat them! I wont, but I could. They have such a sweet smell that any other lipstick I own smells really chemically. The formula is amazing, they're so creamy and moisturising and don't slide around the lips. The matte ones are especially my favourite as they don't dry your lips out!

Xoxo

Instagram- xosaratalks
Twitter- xosaratalks
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9