Family wedding makeup and outfit

On
Friday 23 October 2015
Last Friday, Ollie's cousin got married. Now we didn't go to the actual wedding itself as there are a crazy amount of cousins in Ollie's family, but we went to the reception in the evening. It was a bit up and down if we were going- Ollie originally said yes before someone reversed into his car, but luckily his sister and brother-in-law said we could borrow the work van, so we ended up going. I was super excited but really nervous at the same time as I was meeting most of his family. 


I brought the dress a few weeks back as I fell in love instantly with it. I had been eyeing it up for months but couldn't justify buying a Ted Baker dress for £139 as I don't go to places fancy enough to wear a dress like that. Ollie told me we were going and now I had the perfect excuse to splash the cash!


For my makeup I started with the nenefit porefessional primer. In my Youbeauty discovery box this month I got a sample of the Vichy dermablend. Normally when foundation samples are sent, the never match me, but this seemed to be a perfect match. The shade is 15 opal, and blended with my skin so naturally. I'm going to try it a few more times but I'm really impressed. 
I set my foundation with the No7 perfect light loose powder. I know the pressed powder would be easier for on the go, but I ran out so quickly last time that I thought going with a loose powder would be better, as it'll last longer and I can 'bake' my under eye concealer too. To contour I used the contour stick from the smashbox contour stick trio. This gives a natural contour and featured in my September favourites. I went over the top of the contour with benefits hoola bronzer. 
I highlighted under my eyes and down the bridge of my nose with the Nars creamy concealer in Chantilly- which also features in my September favourites. I baked my concealer whilst I preped my eyes. 

I started with Urban Decays primer potion and went over the top with my Mac paint pot in painterly. 
I brushed away the excess powder from under my eyes and pressed the brush over the paint pot to set it before applying my eye shadows. I have really oily kids and this helps to stop them from creasing. 
Before I did my eyeshadow, I filled my brows in with the soap and glory brow archery pencil. I brush through my brows with the brush on the other end. 

For shadows, I chose the Urban Decay Smoky Palette. I've been loving this palette and creating different eye looks with it. I started with Bobbi Brown's woodrose as a transition shade and then applied radar all over the lid. Using a pencil brush, I applie whiskey in the crease and blended it out with a big fluffy brush. I went back in with whiskey on the same pencil brush and applied more to the crease to darken it up. 
I did this a number of times till I reached the desired intensity. I then swept whatever was left on the pencil brush in my lower lash line. 
As a brow bone and inner corner highlight, I used high. This shade is so pink and so sparkly, perfect for a brow bone highlight! 

I applied a couple coats of too faced better than sex mascara. I was going to wear falsies but 1) I haven't quite mastered it. I mean I can apply them but it takes like half an hour before they're on right and 2) I left them at home- oops! 
Anyway better than sex makes it appear like I have falsies on when I don't (I had a woman at work ask if they were my real lashes and I told her yes and that it was too faced better than sex mascara- to which she laughed!) 

I realised after applying my mascara, I hadn't put any highlighter in, so I rummaged through my makeup bag and found my No7 instant radiance highlighter. This looks very pink but once blended in, it looks natural and gorgeous. I applied it to my cheekbones and blended it out with my finger. 


Once the whole of my makeup had been applied, I sprayed the Makeup Revolution oil control fixing spray- check out my review! Just before we left, I used the Lush mint julep sugar scrub, then applied the Burt's bees mango lip balm. I let that soak in for a few minutes and pat the rest in with my finger. I used Mac Mehr lipstick as it's not too dramatic! 


We had a great time, even though the drinks were a tad over priced. It was lovely meeting everyone and I can't wait to see them all again! 

Xoxo 

Twitter- xosaratalks
Instagram- sara_harpum
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9