September favourites

On
Saturday 3 October 2015
My September favourites have been put into categories: food, haircare, skincare and makeup. 


I'll start with food. I only have one item for this category and that's the new galaxy cookie and cream bar. These came out the same time I was on my period (TMI, sorry) but I had one and craved them for the rest of the month! A fact I found out thanks to Nikki Phillippi is that the reason you crave chocolate around that certain time of the month is because you're body wants more magnesium which is found in chocolate! Crazy right? 

I've always relied on dry shampoo on the days where I'm just too lazy to wash and dry my hair. Because I have thick hair the process takes me at least an hour to wash and dry my hair. I recently discovered this amazing dry shampoo. It's the Tresemmé instant refresh dry shampoo. It gives volume, it doesn't make my hair go white, I can use my fingers to work it into my roots and it smells good. I just love it! My hair looks refreshed instantly!
I wash my hair every other day (or if I'm not going out every third day) and when I do, I use the herbal essences beautiful ends shampoo and conditioner. This smells so good too. It's got a pomegranate scent which smells so good and it leaves my hair feeling soft and the ends feeling super healthy! The conditioner just tops it off, leaving my hair looking shiny and feeling soft. I always struggle to find a shampoo and conditioner where the scent will last and one brand I've found which does is the Aussie range, but this also lasts in my hair and I'm constantly smelling my hair in public because it smells that good! 

If you've read my skincare routine you'll recognise these products. I won't go into too much detail about them as I did that in my skincare routine but I'll tell you which products I've been loving. First is the garnier pure active micellar water. I've gone through bottles of this stuff, it's that great! The second is the Clinique take the day off balm. I love how effortlessly this removes my makeup. The third is the origins zero oil oil-free moisturiser. This hydrates my skin without feeling greasy and makes my skin feel soft. 

I have a real big problem when it comes to makeup, I mean it's more of an addiction than a problem. It's an addiction I need to stop as it's the beginning of the month and I'm already skint! A couple of these are samples and a couple were presents for Christmas and birthday so it's not all that bad. I'll start with the samples. Each month I receive a box from Youbeauty discovery which gives you two samples of your choice and two which come with every box. A few months back I woke up specifically at 7am to pick the toofaced better than sex mascara. I had to wake up extra early as products like that are normally sold out by midday. I have been loving this mascara! It gives so much volume to the point I've had customers at work ask what false lashes I use! 
The other sample I have is the Clinique antiblemish foundation. As I work in boots next to a Clinique counter I was talking to the girl about how my skin is always getting worse. She gave me a few other samples- check out my skincare routine to find out what they are, and gave me a sample of this foundation. I've been using this foundation for over a month (she filled the sample pot right too the top) and I love it! It's full coverage without looking like you've got a lot of makeup on! The first day I wore the sample, one of my colleagues said how amazing my skin looked and asked what I had done to get it to look like that. I told her about the foundation and later that day she went and got a sample too. It covers my spots and my skin just looks instantly better. This would be a product I would 100% recommend for anyone with problematic skin. 
As my dad works for an American company, he travels out there a lot. He was over there just before last Christmas so of course I took advantage and asked for makeup which is difficult to get over here in the UK. I asked for a few Mac products as they're cheaper over there and I also asked for the Anastasia Beverly Hills dipbrow pomade. The shade I got was soft brown as I had darker hair then. I still use it but I have to use a very light hand otherwise my brows are really dark! I love the consistency of this product. It goes on so easily and blends really well. It is however a pain to get off at the end of the day as its waterproof so I have to use wipes and rub back and forth on my brows- which does pull some out. After I have blended it, it looks really natural compared too a pencil. 
I love benefit oroducts and one I've been wanting to try out for ages was the hoola bronzer. I'm really pale so watching youtubers who have the same skin tone as me use it got me wondering. It doesn't look too orange or ashy when I contour, it looks natural. A little does go a long way, I overdid it the first time I wore it as I had been longing for this product for a long time. It has become my favourite bronzer and I can't get enough of it! 
I'm not sure if this product can be considered a cream contour product or not, but I have been loving the smashbox contour stick trio. It comes with a contour stick, a bronze stick and a highlighter stick, which as always is too dark for me! I apply the contour stick to the hollows of my cheeks, my temples and under my jaw line. I also apply the bronze stick in the same places to add a bit of warmth. It blends out seamlessly with either a brush or a sponge. I prefer a brush as I can really work it in but there are days where I feel like using a sponge and I get the same results, I just have to work that tad bit harder to really work it in. After I've blended it, I always go over the top with my hoola bronzer. 
I've seen loads of youtubers rave on about the nars creamy concealer. I jumped onto the bandwagon not too long ago and must say it's great for highlighting. I have the lightest shade- chantilly, which is slightly too light when I highlight. I always use a sponge when blending this out as it soaks in some of the product so it doesn't look too light and I find it blends better with a sponge. I use a dry disposable sponge to blend this is as I've found a damp sponge wipes off my foundation. After I've blended it in, I always set it with loose translucent powder. If I'm feeling it, I 'bake' the concealer but when I'm lazy I just set it in place. 

Xoxo

Twitter- xosaratalks
Instagram- sara_harpum
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9