What's in my makeup bag?

On
Thursday 21 April 2016
This is going to be a bit of a boring post as I took most of my makeup out of my makeup bag so I could do my makeup at work. How many times am I going to say makeup in one sentence? The reason I took out all the makeup I don't tend to wear on a daily basis is because I've decided rather than wake up at 5:40, I'm going to stay in bed till 6:20 ish and do my makeup at work as I always have half an hour to kill before I actually start working.

My makeup bag is from Boots, and is a Ted Baker makeup bag. I brought this when I worked at Boots, and when they were on offer. They had gone on the clearance shelf and I brought the last 3. The reason they had gone on clearance is because the new design was coming in and no one was buying the makeup bags. I got the last 3 because I could give one to my mum and one to my sister- my mum has one and I can't find the other, sorry Sadie! I like this makeup bag, but it's very stiff and not very flexible. I'm in the process of looking for a new makeup bag as I need to get one which is more fabric and can fold up, rather than stay in the same shape- it takes up a lot of room in my bag!

Inside my bag, I have all the makeup I wear on a daily basis. I have primer, foundation, powder, blusher, bronzer, mascara, eyeshadow primer, clear brow gel and an eyebrow pencil. See what products I use for my spring makeup routine here. Obviously I will go into more detail as to whether or not I like each product, I just will leave a link to my spring makeup routine.

Primer- Benefit Porefessional. I like this primer, but I feel it leaves my face feeling sticky and then I'm not as matte as I'd like to be throughout the day. I want to buy a new primer, but I'm unsure which one to buy. Tell me your highend and drugstore favourites and I'll be sure to try them out!

Foundation- MAC studio fix fluid- NW13. I love this foundation! It gives the perfect amount of coverage- I love full coverage, but it doesn't look cakey or like I've got a lot of product on my face. The only downside to this foundation is that it smells like paint! The smell is so offputting, but I haven't found another foundation like this one which gives the same coverage without looking cakey. I'm desperate for a new foundation so leave your suggestions below so I can try a new one!

Powder- No7 loose powder- Translucent. I like this powder a lot. It doesn't add any colour to my face- which is perfect as all the foundations I've got make me look orange, so it doesn't add anymore colour on top. It helps my makeup to last all day and doesn't dry my skin out, like some other powders I've tried.

Bronzer- Benefit Hoola bronzer. I have a love hate relationship with this bronzer. I love it as it gives me a really defined contour, but I hate it as it looks muddy on me. I've tried alternatives and they are no where near as good as this bonzer, which is why I always come back to it. I apply the tiniest amount and it still looks muddy on my skin!

Blusher- No7 powder blusher. This blusher looks really scary, but isn't as bright on the skin as you may think. It gives a natural rosy flush to the cheeks and a little goes a long way. Unfortunatly, No7 stopped making this colour blusher as they brought out new colours.

Eyebrow pencil- Soap and Glory archery. This is probably my holy grail eyebrow pencil. I've tried the NYX microbrow, Rimmel eyebrow pencil and Maybelline eyebrow pencil, but I always come back to this one! I would love to try the Anastasia Beverly Hills brow wiz to see how it compares, but so far, I love this one!

Eyebrow gel- The Body Shop clear mascara and brow gel. I went into The Body Shop a few weeks back and decided to get some clear brow gel. I was going to look in Boots, but The Body Shop had an offer on so I chose to get the eyebrow gel from there along with a lip liner. I like this brow gel, it's not my favourite but I haven't found a brow gel that I love. It does the job and I'd recommed it as it can be used for your lashes as well as your brows, but I'm not wowed by it.

Eyeshadow primer- Urban Decay primer potion. I LOVE this stuff! I have super oily eyelids and this helps to prevent my shadows from creasing throughout the day. I use it under my MAC paint pots and even wear it alone. I would 100% recommend this to someone who suffers with really oily eyelids. They also do a variety of colours as well, so you can use it as a base.

Mascara- Too Faced better than sex mascara. This is my all time favourite mascara! I haven't found any other that even comes close to how well this performs. The hourglass shaped wand really grabs all my lashes and gives the perfect amount of volume. When I wear this mascara, I get people asking if I'm wearing false eyelashes as they add that much volume. It is worth paying £19 in my opinion.

These are what are in my makeup bag at the moment, I do swap products every now and then so when I do change it up, I will probably post another 'what's in my makeup bag' to show you what I've updated.

Xx

Sara
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9