DIY Mother's Day gift and gift ideas

On
Wednesday 2 March 2016
In the UK, Mother's Day is Sunday 6th March- I know I've left this post a little late, but this is a quick last minute DIY which anyone can do, even the night before. I don't recommend making this the night before, I'm just saying it's that easy!

This DIY is one I've seen all over Pinterest and wanted to make it for myself. It's a DIY manicure/pedicure in a jar. This is probably the easiest DIY as all you need is a small jar, clear nail polish, coloured nail polish, orange stick and cotton pads. You may also want to get some string or ribbon, labels, stickers, coloured pens and coloured tissue paper. These are all really inexpensive to buy and take no time to make.
  • Start off by placing a small amount of tissue paper into the jar. Don't add too much as you want to see what is inside.

  • Place in the clear and coloured nail polish, cotton pads and orange stick. You can arrange this in any way that you want.

  • After you have added everything into the jar, take a label and stick it to the lid. Using a coloured pen write 'DIY manicure/pedicure' whichever it is you're choosing to create. Add some ribbon/string round the neck of the jar and tie it into a bow. Take some stickers and place them onto the jar- this is optional.
I was going to post another DIY but I wasn't able to get all bits I needed so I've decided to pick a few gifts I saw that you're able to get in stores. I went into Sainsburys- a big food store, and picked up a wine glass and a small bottle of bubbly as a set. As I'm sharing this gift with my sister, it cost each of us £7.50 which isn't that expensive. I know this is a gift my mum will like.

I went into Boots to have a look at some of the gifts they have in there. They have a Ted Baker set with lots of minature bath bits. I did think about getting this for my mum, but as I got her something similar at Christmas, I thought it would be nice to get something different.

Boots also have a Sancturary Spa set which is more body bits. I was tempted to get my mum this as she likes body butters and lotions, but I thought if I wanted to get her something like that, that I could make a little package up myself.

In Peacocks they have PJ sets for mums, which I thought was a cute idea if your mum enjoys lounge around the house in the evenings or weekend. I was tempted to buy myself a set but I chose a set which was more appropriate- it's covered in nail polish, lipsticks and perfume!


These are just some ideas I saw in the shops, you can get the obvious- candles, stuffed animals, DVDs and CDs depending on what it is your mum likes.

I hope you find something here which will help you pick for Mother's Day, and Happy Mother's Day to all the mums out there! (I know it's early)

Xoxo

Instagram- saralouisehxo
Twitter- saralouisehxo














Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9