Lush haul and first impressions

On
Wednesday 30 March 2016
On bank holiday Monday, Ollie and I went back to Tunbridge Wells and back into Lush- after I spent an evening there on Saturday. Read about it here. I had tried their Prince Charming soap I got in my goodie bag- there will be a separate post on that, and thought about switching my shampoo and conditioner to natural products. I spent the entire evening on Sunday going through the catalogue and circling every item I wanted- I will have to go back as I couldn't afford to get everything I wanted in one go!
 
I knew I wanted to pick up a shampoo and conditioner, but had been interested in the dry shampoo Lush do. I normally use either Tresemme or Batiste, but I don't like how they make my hair feel or the drying feeling they leave on my hands once I've worked the product through. What interested me with this product is that it is in a bottle, rather than a spray so I'm able to control how much I use and not go through it super quick like I do with the sprays. I opened the lid in the store and got the most amazing smell ever! It smells like grapefruit and lime, not chemicals which Tresemme and Batiste smell like. I knew from the moment I saw the product in store that I needed to get it, so I took the plunge and I must say I am impressed! It doesn't leave any horrible feeling in my hair or on my hands when I work the products in. I can apply it straight to my hair or into my hands and work it through that way. I have also tried applying it with a makeup brush which works just as well as I can concentrate on areas which need more dry shampoo and I know I won't waste the product. I can always apply a little more product if I need and I'm able to control how much product comes out in the first place. I would recommend this product to anyone who goes through dry shampoo crazy quick, who wants a natural dry shampoo which won't damage your hair and anyone who wants a dry shampoo which smells amazing! They only do the one fragrance, but it's not overpowering so if you don't like grapefruit that much, it doesn't smell strong!

Seeing as I have been given the challenge to go cruelty free, I saw that they do liquid lipsticks. I jumped on the bandwagon and caved into the MAC retro liquid lipsticks. This one is great apart from two reasons. Number 1) they test on animals! And number 2) it is very drying on my lips and starts to flake off and doesn't look attractive at all-a big no no for dry lips! I become a hot mess, not an attractive look! In the catalogue I couldn't decide what colour I wanted as they all looked so good, but when I saw them in the store I saw one almost identical to my MAC liquid lipstick so I knew this was the one. I got the shade decisive which is slightly lighter than my MAC liquid lipstick, but still pretty close in colour! The biggest difference I noticed was that the formulas were completely opposite! While the MAC liquid lipstick dries to a complete matte finish, the lush one doesn't and I actually think I prefer this. It gives my lips the opportunity to move rather than be stiff, dry or flake off. Lush has an amazing colour range to pick from and Seb, the consultant in Tunbridge Wells told me if I was brave enough or if I liked blues, that you can even go for the cream eyeshadows! I'm not that brave, but as it came from a Lush consultant, you are able to use the cream eyeshadows on your lips. I am super impressed with the liquid lipstick that Lush have to offer, I was kinda expecting them to be drying and make my lips look flakey and gross, but they don't at all. A big thumbs up from me! If you suffer with dry lips but love the liquid lipstick look, go get yourself a Lush Liquid lipstick! I promise you won't be disappointed!

While browsing through the catalogue I saw the toothy tabs. I was curious as to what this product was, so naturally I had to try it. I picked up boom as it contains active charcoal- which help to whiten teeth. When I opened the bottle, it smelt like cherry coke, which I'm not a big fan of but it didn't tatse like it. It has an aniseed taste which I'm able to get over- even though I hate aniseed! As it's a natural ingredient, I wanted to try to whiten my teeth this way rather than pay stupid amounts of money to end up with white, but sensitve teeth. In the tube you get 100 tabs, which for £5.95 is a little much in my opinion considering you only get 100 tabs, but there are other tabs for £4.95 containing 100 tabs also. I used one the other night, doing exactly as the label instructed- nibble until it starts to foam. Once it started to foam, I rinsed my toothbrush under running water and proceeded to brush my teeth. What happened next I should have been prepared for, all of a sudden there was black all in my sink! I really don't know how I didn't expect that to happen, but it did! Luckily when I rinsed my mouth out, there wasn't any black remaining in my mouth so I felt relieved. As I've only used this product once, I can't say I saw much of a difference, but I will keep a log of how my teeth look after I use it each time and see if there is a difference. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a natural tooth 'paste' and to check out the other options. They even do powders which you mix with a little water!

As I mentioned earlier, I wanted to try a shampoo and conditioner. The shampoo I picked up was Big. It's a sea salt shampoo which helps to cleanse the scalp. The sea salt helps to lift hair and add body, which helps with volume- yes I have thick hair but I don't always get the volume I want. The seaweed is protein-rich and coconut oil helps to make the hair feel soft. There is also lemon and lime included in which helps the hair to shine and reflects light. So far I've used this once and already my hair feels a lot healthier compared to my normal shampoo. I've noticed a slight bit of volume, but I let my hair air dry, whereas I'd probably got more volume if I had used a hair dryer. The conditioner I chose to go for was Veganese. I was drawn to this product as it didn't weigh the hair down but still makes your hair feel super soft. It contains seaweed which helps to soften the hair and it also contains lemon oil and juice- like the shampoo to help with shine. This conditioner also contains lavender and rosemary to help soothe the scalp. My hair feels so soft, even after I straightened it which doesn't happen after using my normal conditioner. It would feel soft after I washed it and let it air dry but as soon as it came in contact with heat, game over! I will defiantly be using lush shampoo and conditioners from now on and I can't wait to use the rest in the range and the solid shampoo and conditioners too! 

Now I didn't actually use the massage bar as I don't feel too stressed at the moment. But when I do use it, I'll let you know what I think of it. I picked up therapy and Seb told me a cool fact about it. It's a good bar for pregnant woman as it helps to reduce stretch marks and it has the weird bump sticking out because 1 in 4 babies is an outie! How cute is that! As soon as Seb told me, I had to get it! It smells incredible and I really can't wait to use it!

I will post a mini review of therapy on Instagram so make sure you're following me! 

Xx

Sara
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9