December 4th- DIY Christmas decorations

On
Friday 4 December 2015

I wanted to add some personal touches to my room and decorations in general, so I thought making my own would be fun. I've decided to do a mixture of both room decor and tree decorations. These DIYs are all easy and cheap to make.

I'm not sure what to call this DIY- maybe winter wonderland, but I saw a Youtuber create this (Idunngoddess) and had to recreate this for myself!
Things you'll need:
- glass candle holder
- salt ( for the snow)
- paper Christmas tree
- single use candle

Start by pouring the salt into the glass candle holder. Filling it a quater of the way will be enough. Lay some paper down for spillages.

Add the candle to the salt.

Stick a paper tree in the salt behind the candle. 

'Winter wonderland' is complete.

The next DIY is wrapping paper tree decorations. This one pretty much explains itself, it's wrapping paper which you make into tree decorations.
Things you'll need:
- wrapping paper (obviously)
- scissors
- hole punch
- string or ribbon
- pencil
- glue (optional)

If like me you can't cut without a rough sketch, then start drawing shapes with the pencil on the non-patterend side. Do as many shapes as you want.

Once you have drawn the shapes, cut them out.

This next step is completely optional. Take 2 of the same shapes and apply a thin layer of glue to the non-patterend side- only apply to one half. Stick the other half to the one with glue on.

Let it dry for 10 minutes.
After it has dried, use the hole punch to make a hole in the top of your shape.

Taking some string of ribbon, feed it through the hole and tie a knot.

You can now hang your decorations on your tree.

The reason I glued 2 shapes together is because if the decoration turns around, it still shows the pattern. Whereas if I didn't, it would be plain but if that's what you want to do, then do it! Who am I to tell you that it has to be exactly the same! You do you! 
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9